Please contact Special Collections if you are a subject of an item, or know a subject of an item, and have cultural or other reservations about an item being made available on this website and would like to discuss this with us.
This item can be used for study and personal research purposes. If you wish to reproduce this item for any other purpose please contact the University of Newcastle Library's Special Collections.
If you have any further information about the item, please contact us.
Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers - Archives of the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
The Anglican Diocese of Newcastle Archives
To locate a Parish Register, Consult the Finding Aid - Volume 3 Parish Registers
Finding Aid for the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle Archives:
Please note: In conformity with principles of privacy and confidentiality, access to Diocesan records is restricted for the following periods, from the date of their creation.
- Registrar's general files: 50 years
- Bishop's files, Registrar's and St John's College files containing personal and confidential information: 100 years.
- Baptism registers: 90 years - except for the individual concerned.
- Marriage registers: 50 years - except for the individual concerned.
- Death registers: 30 years.
- Other (non-confidential) records: 30 years.
- Synod papers, public documents, and Diocesan publications: nil.